Saturday, July 2, 2011

Betrayal

How do you deal with betrayal of the worst kind? Does evil never stop attacking? Will we never be safe in this world? I know all the answers to these questions. I've LIVED these, more times than I care to remember and came through it all stronger, wiser, and closer to God.

But you never know when evil will strike again. Today I found out some of what my parents felt that awful day 27 years ago. Betrayal by someone you have trusted as "family" for years, is one of the most devastating and shocking things to wrap your heart and mind around.
Where to turn, what to do, what to say, what to ask....How could I not have known???? What is the next step after picking myself up off the floor where I've huddled in tears, pain and prayer with my Heavenly Father?

One step, one moment, one breath, one whispered prayer at a time. I have walked these dark paths before with my hand in my Savior's and He has lit my path. It was a hard path, a rough trail, miles of rocky uphill climbing, but He was ALWAYS there with me. Even when I stumbled, faltered, looked back and got scared or looked ahead and doubted because the way looked too steep. He was always there.

And I know He is with me through this deep valley and mountain I must travel. It feels I have been on a journey for two years with my health but today my health feels like the pack on Pilgrim's back in "Pilgrim's Progress" and this is the journey I have been in training for.


Nahum 1:3 The LORD is slow to anger, and great in power, and will not acquit the wicked: the LORD hath his way in the whirlwind and in the storm, and the clouds are the dust of his feet.
Isaiah 26:3 Thou wilt keep him in PERFECT peace, whose mind is stayed on thee: because he trusteth in thee.
Psalm 119: 105 Thy Word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.
Proverbs 3:5-6 Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.
Isaiah 41:10 Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help the; yea, I will uphold the with the right hand of my righteousness.

No comments:

Post a Comment