Wednesday, December 5, 2012

"Kids" Movies???

Just a thought ~ James rented the movie "Brave" the other night for us to watch with the kids. Here's a shock...I DIDN'T LIKE IT!! Now before I get 27 posts on why I'm wrong let me give my reasons.
There were some pluses to the movie ~ I will give them that! A fiery red headed girl who is a bit of a klutz growing up and can't seem to get anything right. She loves the out doors and horses and knows how to use tools and weapons...all good!
Now the not so good...she (And almost every other child & teen character played for kids in movies now) is beyond rebellious, she throws fits with no consequences from either parent other than a "scolding" by Mom and a laugh and hug by Dad!
Then when she rebels big time they are SHOCKED!!?? Even my youngest child, less than 10 min. into the movie said, "She should be spanked for talking back like that, huh!?!"
And that happens all the time in movies! My kids rarely watch a movie without THEM telling us what the Kids or parents are doing wrong in raising their kids! How disrespectful and rebellious the kids are and wimpy the parents are. If kids can see it...why can't adults?
Number 2. Magic ~ does every cartoon made have to have SOME kind of Magic, spell, witch, warlock, potion, book of spells or magic, fairies in them? Even the animal ones have hocus-pocus type stuff in them, some scary guy they have to go to who "sees" their future or past or makes swirling green smoke and poofs with red lights....It's animals and it is supposed to be funny!!
OK>>>sorry for the rant but I have been stuck at home for four years straight and we don't have cable so I can watch cooking and crafts and there are only SO MANY books I can read in a day (Two is my limit then my brain is fried). So James and the kids often borrow or rent movies for us to watch as a family during supper since I can't sit at the table and I just had to "Let 'er out"! No one needs to respond. This is just a rhetorical question more towards the movie makers than anything. I just needed to type.

No comments:

Post a Comment